Donnerstag, 3. November 2011

Piotr Krzymowski: I believe I can imagine a colour I have never seen before,

Videostill, I believe I can imagine a colour I have never seen before, GB 2010

 


















Piotr Krzymowski, I believe I can imagine a colour I have never seen before, DVD PAL, colour, sound, 5 min, GB 2010

Initially a performance, I believe I can imagine a colour I have never seen before documents artist’s monologue presented in relation to the 16mm film projected on the wall of a small, dark room. The footage lost its original image and quality as a result of various thermal and exaggeration processes. The celluloid was boiled in hot water and dyed in organic substances. This abstract spectrum of colours is accompanied with a series of cultural references and personal reflections in the hope of inventing a new colour.



Videostill, I believe I can imagine a colour I have never seen before, GB 2010


 

 
















Piotr Krzymowski (born 1989) is a Polish artist who works in several media. Currently a final year student of BA (Hons) Fine Art at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, University of the Arts, London.   



Videostill, I believe I can imagine a colour I have never seen before, GB 2010

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen